Certificate: Course Completion Certificate
Course Delivery: Classroom
The Agile Project Management™ (AgilePM®) certification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be Agile. The course covers an approach to project management that aligns with PRINCE2®. Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, the certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Projects in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around project management.
The course will suit project managers who want to add to their knowledge of traditional approaches and who work in a fast-paced, changing environment and are embracing the empowerment provided by agile methods. The qualification is aimed at both practising project managers and agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers.
The practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis.
● Introduction and domestics● What is Agile? Choosing an appropriate Agile approach● Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables● Preparing for Success● The DSDM Process
● The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities● The DSDM Products● Key Practices – Prioritization and Timeboxing● Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
Day 3● Other practices: Facilitated Workshops, Modelling, and Iterative Development● Exam
Day 4● Introductions and domestics● Exercise 1 – Outline the Project● Roles and Responsibilities – the PM view● Exercise 2 – Identifying People for Business Roles● Agile Project Management – through the lifecycle● The Effective Use of the Products● Exercise 3 – Terms of Reference● Deliver on time – Combining MoSCoW Prioritization and Timeboxing● Exercise 4 – MoSCoW prioritization● People, Teams and Interactions
● Exercise 5 – Facilitated Workshop● Requirements and User Stories● Estimating – How and When● Project Planning through the Lifecycle● Exercise 6 – Delivery Planning● Quality – Never Compromise Quality● Risk Management● Exercise 7 – Identifying Risks Using PAQ● Tailoring the approach
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:● Explain how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects● Explain how an agile project is managed● Clarify the different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to “traditional” projects)● Provide integration with PRINCE2®
● Multiple choice format
● 50 questions per paper
● 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
● 40 minutes duration
● Closed book
● Objective testing
● 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
● 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
● 2.5 hours duration
● Open book (restricted to the official manual only) examination
Audience:● Project Managers● Program Managers● Scrum Masters● PMO members● Executives● Managers● Business Analysts● Senior Technical Leads● Agile Team Members