Future Business Centre
GB, Cambridge, Kings Hedges Road, CB4 2HY
9:00 – Registration & Coffee
9:15 – Introduction (Yanray Rozier )
As the UK continues to work with global partners to tackle global grand challenges, CET looks at the investment opportunities within China to enable UK innovation to battle these critical environmental and social challenges.
9:30 – How we help UK innovators to engage with China? (Martin Garret Cambridge Cleantech)
From tackling climate change to cleantech, smart cities, the search for knowledge is a global endeavour that requires collaboration between the world’s best minds.
The government’s modern Industrial Strategy sets out Grand Challenges to put the UK at the forefront of the industries of the future, ensuring that the UK takes advantage of major global changes, improving people’s lives and the country’s productivity.
9:40 – Chinese funding & business opportunities (Yanray Rozier)
1) China-Britain Cooperation & Innovation Center – CBCIC, is committed to introduce various environmental technologies, quipment, products and services from UK through CET platform to China in a more targeted and effective way.
2) China Shanghai International Technology Fair – CSITF, China's first national-level global-oriented and professional fair integrating technology display and trade service, China (Shanghai) International Technology Fair (CSITF) is a key platform for undertaking China's technological and trade development since 2013.
3) Connect with Shanghai 2019 “Science and Technology Innovation Action Plan” -- In order to promote the implementation of innovation-driven development strategy and accelerate the construction of a globally influential science and technology innovation center, according to the “13th Five-Year Plan for Shanghai Science and Technology Innovation”, the Municipal Science and Technology Commission issued the 2019 “Science and Technology Innovation Action Plan” for intergovernmental international cooperation.
4) Connect with Chinese manufactures for funded projects – 3 opportunities: A) New material; B) Sewage treatment; C) soil remediation
5) Launch of online platform – , – provides the cutting-edge innovations web platform to engage potential clients in China
10:15 – Q& A
10:30 – Coffee break & networking
11:00 – End